Okay- I get it, not every nature enthusiast jumps at the opportunity to rough it in the wild for a weekend. As more enthusiasts indicate the desire to escape into nature, hospitality companies are continuing to create low impact camps adjascent to National Parks to reconnect enthusiasts with the great outdoors in comfort and in style.
North America has among the most diverse bioregions on earth. This region appeals to an array of experiences from cascading waterfalls, barren deserts, dense rainforest, magnificent mountains, etc. North America, undeniably, will provide an adventure to suite any enthusiasts desires.
Explore with me my top picks for North Americas deeply-held love of the great outdoors.
#1 ~ MOHICANS OLD PINE TREEHOUSE
- Welcome to the Old Pine Treehouse! This charming treehouse is nestled amongst the only pine stand on the property against a gentle hillside and accessed by a stunning staircase and suspension bridge. Although just built in 2015, guests feel as if they are stepping back in time 150 years. 1800’s feel decor and timeless charm, guests embrace the past. The treehouse was constructed with 100% reclaimed materials including 100 year old barn siding and hand hewn beams. Cedar shake roofing brings that antique 1800’s feel along with its vintage interior accents. You will be wrapped in luxury with an indoor deluxe bathroom/shower and decadent bedding. The treehouse includes a small kitchenette, living room, bathroom, first floor bedroom (1 queen bed), upstairs loft (queen bed), small eating area and outdoor shower (warm weather only). Fun and unique design features include a sliding bedroom barn door, dramatic loft design overlooking the main living area, private decks built around pine and oak trees, and expansive windows to take in the bird’s eye view.
- The kitchen cabinets were constructed out of reused, 100 year old barn wood with accent rough cut cherry doors and counters. A magnificent wrap around porch provides views of the peaceful pine stand. This treehouse is truly a work of art.
- Limited cell service at this tree house (mainly text with Verizon and ATT only)
- Bedrooms 2
- Bedroom 1-lower level, 1 queen
- Bedroom 2-upper level loft, 1 queen
- 1 Full bath – shower, toilet
- 1 Outdoor shower
- Kitchen – all plates, silverware, cookware, drink ware and serving ware, mini refrigerators with small freezer, microwave oven, coffee maker with complimentary coffee and filters, 2 burner electric cooking element
- Charcoal grill at ground level is included-please bring charcoal
- Picnic table
- Living room – sectional sofa, TV/DVD (for movie viewing only so bring DVD’s! no satellite or cable) and rocker
- Deck – 4 chairs and table
- Fully heated and A/C.
- All linens and towels provided.
What to Bring…Suggestions:
Bathroom – bath soap, shampoo/conditioner, extra toilet paper, blow dryer, although towels are provided, you may want to bring extra for outdoor activities.
General – DVDs as tv is for movie watching only (no satellite or cable) alarm clock